Monday, September 29, 2008

Mission Statement.

I have never read the popular reference book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. I've read 1001 Films You Must See Before You Die, but that is not quite the same thing. This isn't to say that I won't read the former some day, but in the end it doesn't really matter. Inspired by the heroic lunacy of Francisco Silva and his 1001 Albums blog, I have decided to more or less copy his idea entirely, premising my endeavour on the fact that this is the Internet. There are no rules here. I can do Anythn/

I should also admit, at this point, that while I have listened to an awful lot of music I know very little about most of it. So, this will be a learning experience for the both of us - one in which I try and fail to give informed assessments of these albums, and you learn things which are patently false and which will get you laughed at by your more knowledgeable friends and university professors.

I have a bit of a backlog at the moment, so posting may race ahead a bit at first, but after that it'll be one review every day or two. I may post songs with some of the albums, but then who knows?

Well... Go too!

No comments: